Name:
Location: New Zealand

Monday, August 29, 2005

Happy Birthday Simona

Today is Simona's 21st. We celebrated it about a month ago so she could include special people who are not in NZ today. Now I have time to focus on her on her special day instead of wondering what I will wear to the party and how many people will be there who have seen my party clothes before!

So I focus on Simona and I marvel at the young people growing up in our midst today. In the news media we learn so much about the 'youth of today,' drug taking, sexual 'freedom', too much alcohol consumption, boy racers, anger or road rage and on it goes. How seldom we hear about the Simonas. At university, getting A's in almost everything, choosing a no alcohol life style, quiet, supportive, caring, hilarioursly funny, witty, kind, unobtrusive, appreciative, and I see these qualities among so many of her friends as well.

Being like this at 21 what will she be like at 60? I was 21 the day before yesterday, last year I had my 60th birthday. When I was 21 I graduated as a nurse so I gained the respect of those around me, but I feel like I did not have the common sense and openness to discuss my life values that the Simonas have today. So with the advantage of this freedom to express their thoughts and discuss them, these younger ones are surely a step ahead of where I was. I admire them so much for it.

Go for it Simona. Have a wonderful day and next week when you celebrate your 60th you will surely have a sense of fulfillment and achievement which your commitment to Christ and Christian ideals will bring. This life is not a dress rehersal, it is a one off opportunity, you are doing well so far.

Happy Birthday Simona! xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home