Name:
Location: New Zealand

Thursday, December 01, 2005

The Father & The Child (Final)

Last one, it has been a special story. I dont know who wrote it but I wish I had. If you know please put it in a comment as they deserve the recognition.

The child spoke:

I’m nearing the end of my journey, aren’t I, Father?
Yes, My child, but there are still a few more roads to travel
It has been a good journey. Thank you for holding my hand.
Have you lacked for anything?
No, nothing. I must confess I was skeptical that all I needed to take on the journey was a willing heart. I didn’t realise then that when You have my heart, You are all I ever need or want.
What have you learned from your travels?
I’ve learned that being a woman who pleases You has nothing to do with my family, my friends, or my circumstances, but everything to do with how much I love You and how deeply I abide in You.
How would you describe your journey?
As a journey that frees me to become all You created me to be – as a journey of great inner Joy.
What have you learned about Joy?
Joy has always been deep in my heart, but she is quiet. I’ve learned that I must be still to hear her; otherwise, I listen to louder voices that silence hers.
How has Joy served you?
She has faithfully been with me in all of my journey – my trials, my suffering, my obedience, and my serving. I understand now that she always accompanies Sorrow – but her most precious gift to me is her tears as I experience Your presence.
How has Sorrow helped you?
Father, I know I said in the beginning that I didn’t want Sorrow to go with me, but she has taught me much. Without her, I would never have wept over my sin. Whenever I was deeply hurt or grieving, she took me straight to Your heart. Without her, I would not have known how to love or serve them. And as You said, it has been Sorrow that taught me the meaning of true Joy.
And what is true Joy?
True Joy is knowing and experiencing Your heart.
Is there anything you want for the rest of your journey?
In the past, I know I would have had a list, Father. But now, I want only one thing – and that is to walk close to You.
Once more, the child stretched out her hand. The Father, knowing the great love His child had for Him, took her hand, and they continued on their journey.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Elizabeth,
The Father and the Child comes from "A Women's journey to the heart of God" by Cynthia Heald. I think that I emailed it to you years ago when Ginette was in Thailand. She also uses this theme of the Father and the Child in another book called "When the Father holds you close". It's quite special.

Hope all is well with you on your travels.
Jenn

Tuesday, 20 December, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home