Walking with History
This weekend I have revisited the past.
It is 140 years since Hudson Taylor started the China Inland Mission now called the Overseas Missionary Fellowship, the organisation under whose umbrella I go to Thailand.
The story of Hudson Taylor is a must read for any Christian. His life was lived for God through great hardships but with great success. Now there are 80 – 100 million Christians in China. In the 1950s when all missionaries were asked to leave China the feeling was that, without God over ruling, the Church would die. But people prayed and God multiplied His Church so that when the borders were reopened a thriving Church had been established and the number of Christians greatly increased. On Friday night James and I attended a Chinese Banquet in clelbration.
On Saturday in Ashburton we celebrated Jeannie’s 90th Birthday.
Jeannie is one of the very nicest people I have ever met, she is thoroughly good through and through and has a wonderful sense of humour. She is a cousin, but as close as a sister, to my Mother and Aunts; they all lived next door to each other throughout childhood.
Jeannie introduced me on Saturday as Kitty McLaren’s daughter, and at times she thinks she is talking to Kitty when she talks with me. My Aunts and I have lunch with her every couple of months and I love her sense of fun.
Now let me think, Mum married in 1938 and became Kitty Knox, yes, to be Kitty McLaren’s daughter that is history!
I hope I can find 100 friends to celebrate my 90th with me! You have done well Jeannie! It is more than just your children who will 'rise up and call you blessed!'
It is 140 years since Hudson Taylor started the China Inland Mission now called the Overseas Missionary Fellowship, the organisation under whose umbrella I go to Thailand.
The story of Hudson Taylor is a must read for any Christian. His life was lived for God through great hardships but with great success. Now there are 80 – 100 million Christians in China. In the 1950s when all missionaries were asked to leave China the feeling was that, without God over ruling, the Church would die. But people prayed and God multiplied His Church so that when the borders were reopened a thriving Church had been established and the number of Christians greatly increased. On Friday night James and I attended a Chinese Banquet in clelbration.
On Saturday in Ashburton we celebrated Jeannie’s 90th Birthday.
Jeannie is one of the very nicest people I have ever met, she is thoroughly good through and through and has a wonderful sense of humour. She is a cousin, but as close as a sister, to my Mother and Aunts; they all lived next door to each other throughout childhood.
Jeannie introduced me on Saturday as Kitty McLaren’s daughter, and at times she thinks she is talking to Kitty when she talks with me. My Aunts and I have lunch with her every couple of months and I love her sense of fun.
Now let me think, Mum married in 1938 and became Kitty Knox, yes, to be Kitty McLaren’s daughter that is history!
I hope I can find 100 friends to celebrate my 90th with me! You have done well Jeannie! It is more than just your children who will 'rise up and call you blessed!'

1 Comments:
Thanx Eizabeth that was lovely
Jill
Post a Comment
<< Home