Name:
Location: New Zealand

Friday, October 07, 2005

Sermons In The Night; You Must Ask For Your Own. Take #2

I have known Gill for nearly 40 years.

It is good growing older together.

Gill doesn’t know if she is repeating herself and I cant remember whether she has told me the story before anyway!

That’s funny, did you laugh?

But during last night as I lay half asleep, God opened up His word to me. He reminded me of a Scripture in the Gospels and as I thought about it I marvelled at the reality and application of it.

He continued opening my eyes to His truths by reminding me of a similar Scripture from Isaiah so that the two seemed dovetailed together strengthening my relationship with Him.

As I meditated on the application of these two verses so separate from each other yet so well coordinated He brought to my attention a verse in early Genesis, which reinforced the message of the two previous verses. I lay in wonder as God preached to me this sermon from His Word, beginning, middle and New Testament. It filled me and enthused me, I felt so alive in Christ enjoying living fellowship, I felt so energized by what He was feeding me, this is the fullness of the Christian life, this is the bread of life feeding me, food for the hungry to consume and grow stronger in Him, a fabulous experience in the Living Word.

I am sorry, I forget the subject and references, only the infilling experience remains today.

Nope, not so much fun growing older after all.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you asked for it back you might get it for our benefit maybe?

Friday, 07 October, 2005  
Blogger Deb Robertson Writes said...

I don't think it matters that you can't remember, most people don't really remember what they had for tea last week, but it still does them good!!

Wednesday, 12 October, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home