Later this morning I leave for Thailand.
I lay in bed for a while savouring the comfort of it, (next time I go to bed will be 4am NZ time in Bangkok), and taking stock of me.
I concluded that once I have cleaned the fridge everything was about ready, everything except me really. I didn't feel kinda holy as I would expect a 'tailor made' person should feel. I wished I had had more time over this last week to read and pray and contemplate and now the week has gone and am I truly ready? Just had to get outa bed anyway.
But God brought a verse to my mind and I looked it up in the Old King James, my other being packed, the verse is in 2 Corinthians 3:5, it will carry me through this day at least and reads: 'Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think anything of ourselves; BUT our sufficiency is of God!' Thank you God, you are sufficient for me and will make me sufficient too.
As in 2 Corinthians 4:7 'We have this treasure (the glory of God) in earthen vessels that the excellency of the power may be of God and not of me!' Earthen I may be but there is excellent power flowing!
I can go in the strength of this encouragement, God is good to us earthen vessels.
I will miss all my favourite blogs. My daughters ~ when they get round to it, and my Opawa friends, I look forward to reading them all when I get back. I better not start naming them but you can look them up, I do enjoy them.
Enjoy the Christmas season good friends, may 2006 be blessed as well, hug time from me.
And now I must clean the fridge. xxxxx
I lay in bed for a while savouring the comfort of it, (next time I go to bed will be 4am NZ time in Bangkok), and taking stock of me.
I concluded that once I have cleaned the fridge everything was about ready, everything except me really. I didn't feel kinda holy as I would expect a 'tailor made' person should feel. I wished I had had more time over this last week to read and pray and contemplate and now the week has gone and am I truly ready? Just had to get outa bed anyway.
But God brought a verse to my mind and I looked it up in the Old King James, my other being packed, the verse is in 2 Corinthians 3:5, it will carry me through this day at least and reads: 'Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think anything of ourselves; BUT our sufficiency is of God!' Thank you God, you are sufficient for me and will make me sufficient too.
As in 2 Corinthians 4:7 'We have this treasure (the glory of God) in earthen vessels that the excellency of the power may be of God and not of me!' Earthen I may be but there is excellent power flowing!
I can go in the strength of this encouragement, God is good to us earthen vessels.
I will miss all my favourite blogs. My daughters ~ when they get round to it, and my Opawa friends, I look forward to reading them all when I get back. I better not start naming them but you can look them up, I do enjoy them.
Enjoy the Christmas season good friends, may 2006 be blessed as well, hug time from me.
And now I must clean the fridge. xxxxx

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home