A God Moment
Am being kept busy these days with a Ladies Weekend almost upon us.
But today, long may it remain in my memory! We had a young Japanese man in our English class. This was the second time he had been and he said he was returning to Japan so it was also his last one. Both Maureen and I had taught him so we both spoke with him before he left. Incidentally he said he had been to an English class every week day, different churches have them just as we do, and our was the best, ah well it was nice we obviously hit a chord with him any way.
As he stood around outside talking I gave him a Japanese/English New Testament. I showed him the Japanese language on one half of the page and the English on the other. He held it to his face in both hands in a very reverent way. So reverent that I asked him if he was Christian but no, he wasn't. Then he said, "To think I have only been here 2 weeks and you would give me this!" His gratitude was amazing to witness.
God speed N and may the Word you hold in your hands grow in your heart to a multiplying harvest!
But today, long may it remain in my memory! We had a young Japanese man in our English class. This was the second time he had been and he said he was returning to Japan so it was also his last one. Both Maureen and I had taught him so we both spoke with him before he left. Incidentally he said he had been to an English class every week day, different churches have them just as we do, and our was the best, ah well it was nice we obviously hit a chord with him any way.
As he stood around outside talking I gave him a Japanese/English New Testament. I showed him the Japanese language on one half of the page and the English on the other. He held it to his face in both hands in a very reverent way. So reverent that I asked him if he was Christian but no, he wasn't. Then he said, "To think I have only been here 2 weeks and you would give me this!" His gratitude was amazing to witness.
God speed N and may the Word you hold in your hands grow in your heart to a multiplying harvest!

1 Comments:
Warm fuzzys ;)
And amen!
Post a Comment
<< Home