News of Home
In 7 weeks spent in Thailand I have only once been able to read the news. Alone in a mall several stories high I ‘happened upon’ a Starbucks where I bought a coffee :) and read The Bangkok Post, an English language newspaper. It was so good to feel normal for half an hour before I had to search for the young’uns.
Yesterday at the start of the lesson in our Spoken English class I told the Japanese students that the Emperor of Japan had a Grandson. They had not read or heard the news either and it felt like a priviledge to tell them. ‘A son?’ they asked, checking to be sure they had heard it correctly. “Yes, a Grandson for the Emperor” I affirmed. First son born into the Japanese royal family in 46 years, they were all delighted.
News of home, best news of all, best warmer we could have had!
Yesterday at the start of the lesson in our Spoken English class I told the Japanese students that the Emperor of Japan had a Grandson. They had not read or heard the news either and it felt like a priviledge to tell them. ‘A son?’ they asked, checking to be sure they had heard it correctly. “Yes, a Grandson for the Emperor” I affirmed. First son born into the Japanese royal family in 46 years, they were all delighted.
News of home, best news of all, best warmer we could have had!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home