Name:
Location: New Zealand

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Art Installations & Grandmothers

Yesterday I spent several hours ‘womanning’ one of the 8 art installations along the tram route in the centre of the city. They are big shipping containers, looking like a wrapped Christmas gift on the outside, and inside, each one has a different part of the Christmas story. I was outside the Art Gallery in a realistic reproduction of a kiwi shepherds hut and outside the window are angels singing carols. It was good, thought provoking and over 100 people came to look while I was there.

It reminded me of when our 3 Grandchildren were born. Deb, and probably David, struggled through to the birth and behold, as new baby for us to love. The next day people were saying to James and I “Congratulations, well done!”

Yesterday I sat in the sun welcoming the people and ‘guarding’ the sound and lighting system and so many said to me how good it was, what a clever concept, well done, thank you etc.

It was giving credit where it was not due but I smiled and accepted it. In fact I should be saying, “WELL DONE DEB & DAVID” x3

And
“WELL DONE PETE & JOYCE MAJENDI!” of the Side Door Trust.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home