I need photos!
I think it must be coz I am getting older!
In the last couple of years I have been to Australia at least twice, once when Jeremy had another hand op and more recently with my young grandson, James R, aged 13, to visit Jeremy and Eva in Melbourne; when James R returned to NZ we flew to Brisbane, met James, my husband, and stayed for a week in a house with my cousin, his wife, my bro and his wife, 8 of us. I hadn't seen Robert for about 25 years nor Euan for more like 50 but that is another story.
I have been for a month to South Korea. Sharyn has graduated with an MA, Annie-Rose has grown from sleepy baby to 6 months old, and I have lived a life in beautiful Christchurch.
It is a full life and I enjoy it very much.
Recently when I was in Melbourne Eva and I went through the 1,100 photos from Korea which they had on their computer and we sorted out the best which came to 450. As we sorted I talked about Korea and she patiently listen as if she was interested, and I think she was. Afterwards it felt like a completion to something. We had viewed and talked of places I had been to and things I had done. It felt good.
At the end of our time in Brisbane, where we had celebrated Robert's 70th, Eva & Jeremy printed out about a dozen photos and gave them to me, that kinda completed this visit too.
I have photos on discs, on my computer, on a memory stick and in my camera but the ones I enjoy most are the ones I can pick up and look through. I think it helps to remember the precious people I know, the good times I have had, the special places I have been to. From now on I will make small photo albums of the best of my photos.
I think it must be coz I am getting older; I really think I need photos.
In the last couple of years I have been to Australia at least twice, once when Jeremy had another hand op and more recently with my young grandson, James R, aged 13, to visit Jeremy and Eva in Melbourne; when James R returned to NZ we flew to Brisbane, met James, my husband, and stayed for a week in a house with my cousin, his wife, my bro and his wife, 8 of us. I hadn't seen Robert for about 25 years nor Euan for more like 50 but that is another story.
I have been for a month to South Korea. Sharyn has graduated with an MA, Annie-Rose has grown from sleepy baby to 6 months old, and I have lived a life in beautiful Christchurch.
It is a full life and I enjoy it very much.
Recently when I was in Melbourne Eva and I went through the 1,100 photos from Korea which they had on their computer and we sorted out the best which came to 450. As we sorted I talked about Korea and she patiently listen as if she was interested, and I think she was. Afterwards it felt like a completion to something. We had viewed and talked of places I had been to and things I had done. It felt good.
At the end of our time in Brisbane, where we had celebrated Robert's 70th, Eva & Jeremy printed out about a dozen photos and gave them to me, that kinda completed this visit too.
I have photos on discs, on my computer, on a memory stick and in my camera but the ones I enjoy most are the ones I can pick up and look through. I think it helps to remember the precious people I know, the good times I have had, the special places I have been to. From now on I will make small photo albums of the best of my photos.
I think it must be coz I am getting older; I really think I need photos.

3 Comments:
I'm so happy to have you back here! I like photos too.
good to have you back! must catch up some time! :-) xoxoxox nice to see you are blogging again too! lol :-) xoxoxoxo
I totally agree on the photos thing! We have taken so many on this trip but I am planning to print and make albums because it so much nicer to look through them rather then to sit on a computer waiting for them to load!
Glad you're back too
Jo xx
Post a Comment
<< Home