Alexander James Taniguchi Burke
I battled the odds from day one
They told my makers that home I would not come
They told this to my Mum
But I battled the odds from day one
And home she took me, while all watched stunned
Home she took me in her arms
Safe and warm my life begun.
I challenged life, life challenged me,
I dealt a raw hand but God's hand guided me,
Through childhood and through my teens
He gave me strength, courage and most importantly, my family.
I loved living, but my body it was not me;
Tubes and drugs, humming machines
Missing desperately normality
I battled the odds from day one
But painfully my time had come.
Too soon I finally leave this place
But certainly not without a trace
I leave a memory for all to share
One of joyfulness not sadness or tears
And not to death I leave this earth
But to the heavens and my rebirth.
I battled the odds from day one
They told my makers that home I would not come
But home I am safe and warm
With God, my life has again begun.
7.11.88 ~ 2.3.08

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home