Name:
Location: New Zealand

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

When is Objectionable not Objectionable?

When he is born 8 weeks prematurely with kidneys the size of a baked bean!

When his birth date is 7th November and his parents are told to take him home for Christmas, as he will not survive for the next one.

When he is confirmed in his Catholic faith aged 4 because he has not long to live.

When he has a kidney transplant at the same age.

When the drug mix he is on has him shaving at the age of 5.

When the new kidney doesn’t grow with him.

When for 9 years throughout his childhood he has kidney dialysis to survive.

When he has another kidney transplant with a drug mix that sends him into intolerable mood swings and other side effects.

When he bravely chooses to die rather than have dialysis forever.

When he plans his funeral with his siblings and comforts his visitors.

Did I say Alex was ‘objectionable?’
I am truly ashamed to say I did.
I profoundly apologise, if only I could take it back.

It is me judging him that is objectionable, it is me who needs forgiveness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home