Starting at what age??????
So I am signed up to do a duathalon with our 3 daughters and 16 year old Granddaughter,Chrissy.
It felt exciting that first day.
Then I read the preparation exercises and stayed awake most of one night worrying that I would not be able to bike on hills. Actually, may not be able to bike even as I haven't tried riding since I had a stroke 10 years ago.
Next day on the web site I discovered all biking was on the flat. Great! That day Sharyn brought a sturdy looking bike around with a helmet and we discovered that at least I could mount and ride though the steering was shaky!
Yesterday Chrissy jogged a long way including up a hill. Not to be out done I took the bike out and rode for 20 minutes through the 5pm traffic; there are some very good and considerate drivers in our area! I can pedal fine but keeping in a straight line, now that is so hard, just like when I first learnt to ride when I was about 8 years old.
The worry today?? Chrissy and I are concerned we are going to peak too soon :)
It felt exciting that first day.
Then I read the preparation exercises and stayed awake most of one night worrying that I would not be able to bike on hills. Actually, may not be able to bike even as I haven't tried riding since I had a stroke 10 years ago.
Next day on the web site I discovered all biking was on the flat. Great! That day Sharyn brought a sturdy looking bike around with a helmet and we discovered that at least I could mount and ride though the steering was shaky!
Yesterday Chrissy jogged a long way including up a hill. Not to be out done I took the bike out and rode for 20 minutes through the 5pm traffic; there are some very good and considerate drivers in our area! I can pedal fine but keeping in a straight line, now that is so hard, just like when I first learnt to ride when I was about 8 years old.
The worry today?? Chrissy and I are concerned we are going to peak too soon :)

1 Comments:
if you bring your bike around next week we could go for a bike in Hansons park! lol :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home