Name:
Location: New Zealand

Monday, September 26, 2011

sunami, earthquakes & destruction

If you live in Christchurch, or even NZ, you will no doubt have heard that it has been 'prophesied' we will be in deep trouble in Christchurch on Wednesday, 28th September.

I am Christian deep into the core of my being. I have been a Christian for at least 50 years. I have journeyed through all the rules, listened to all the teachings, even fallen for fakes.

Having been there, having fully believed the world was going to end in 1977, having done the journey around and round a cul de sac rather than going forward on life's true highway, please let me give you some good advise.

Jesus said Himself that He didn't know when the world would end, only that one day it will.

He died and rose again that we might live in grace, in God's mercy and ongoing favour.

This God does not grow His church by threatening, killing or maiming people. That would be totally against His nature and principles!

Things may happen today, tomorrow or Wednesday, but on the other hand they may not either. Have a look, we didn't have any quakes yesterday!

For now I simply look longingly at the chocolate biscuits in our disaster box and, living or dying, I know for sure that God is trustworthy wanting only His best for me, my entire family, my neighbourhood my wounded city of Christchurch.

By all means draw nearer to Him at this time, not through fear but because He is good! :)

Praise Him who tenderly loves all of His creation!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Mum, that's so well said. Many things in there that are just what I have been thinking.

That said...if there is a big one...I'm coming to your place to help with those chocolate biscuits!

Love you

Tuesday, 27 September, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home