Name:
Location: New Zealand

Wednesday, March 02, 2011

This Weeks Heros!

Sue, mother of 4 sons, hugged me on Sunday and said she wished she could do more.
Later in another part of the conversation I mentioned our brother and sister in law were in a bad situation in Dallington, no power, no water, no real transport, tough living with health issues and so far away from our place. Since then Sue has done shopping, brought them hot meals, done their washing, given kind friendship, seems like anything they want Sue is their angel. Unsung hero I love you!

Students, thousands of them it seems, shovelling, cleaning, feeding, tidying, willingly, without hope of reward an army of scruffy dirty (from their working) young people. I saw them reporting back to the uni at 4pm yesterday. The novelty of all this is long gone but still they labour. Wish we could reduce every one's student loan by a few thousand! Unsung heroes I salute you!

Sharyn, in Sydney, told her friend Jules that she wished she could help us somehow. Next day Jules arrived with water, fresh, drink-without-boiling water, food, a box full of it, baking done by her aunt in Nelson, enough to share with neighbours and, almost sweetest of all, we cried together as we hugged agreeing these are tough times.
Sharyn, Jules, Auntie heroes every one I hug you close!

Kozue, a Japanese student from years ago loaded her car with fresh water, drove from Queenstown to Christchurch, gave her water away including 48 bottles to us, and drove back to Queenstown that same night. Enough water to have and to give! Kozue, you will never read this, I don't think I even taught you the word 'hero' but in my book that is what you are.
Kozue may God give you a heroes reward!

In our own small corner we are surrounded by fine caring people and it is happening all over Christchurch. God bless them each one!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sharyn said...

I love you mum, would pay a lot to see you right now.

Thursday, 03 March, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home